Wings has put up an amazing list of 13 things that creep him out in honor of today's date - Friday the 13th. To follow up, I thought I'd throw out ten things that scare the hell out of me (many pulled from previous posts - due to shear unadulterated laziness).
2. Antique Photos
Nothing's more creepy than some old photo that has something strange or mysterious going on. For that matter, really any antique photo can give me the jitters under the right conditions.
The fact that these vehicles are literally driving on a vertical surface is bizarre enough, but why is there an actual adult male lion in the sidecar?
3. The "Dark and Lonely Water" public service announcement (found here).
4. Slim Goodbody
5. This album cover:
I picture Ricky speaking in a raspy whisper much like Danny in The Shining talking with his finger. If I woke up in the middle of the night to the sight of Ricky hovering over me chanting "REDRUM", I would probably soil myself before spontaneously combusting from fear.
(more creepy album covers here)
6. Possessed old people crawling on ceilings (Exorcist III)
7. The Creepiest Magazine Cover Ever - The Juice & Ms. Montgomery; evil captured on the cover of Jet.
8. John Amos on Good Times
This man used to scare the hell out of me. He always looked like he was a hair's breadth away from straight up murdering their asses. I was always ready for him to just start taking his entire family out.
9. Creepy Kids like those twins on The Shining
10. The freakish face under the bed at the beginning of the conjoined twins comedy, Stuck on You. (Kindertrauma has a nice little post which mentions it.)