Here I go again. Haven't done one of these in a while. In case you missed them, these are posts where I simply link a retro celeb across six people and see where the connections wind up.
1. Markie Posts's father, Richard F. Post, is an award winning physicist. He has the distinction of being the lead scientist on the team that invented those high speed magnetic trains - the maglev train. This "Intrack System" can make trains faster than airplanes. Ridiculously expensive to build, but Markie's dad's highly efficient magnetic trains may become the transportation of the future.
2. Senator Harry Reid, the senate majority leader since 2007, is one of the most vocal proponents of the maglev train. In fact, he campaigned to get 45 million dollars to build a maglev train from Disneyland to Vegas - I'm not sure what the status on that is. Harry Reid played himself in the movie Traffic.
3. After Harrison Ford turned down the role, Michael Douglas took the part as drug czar in the film. His daughter is led to a life of drug abuse by her boyfriend, played by Topher Grace.
4. As a child, Topher Grace was babysat by Chloë Sevigny.
5. Chloë Sevigny garnered controversy for performing UNsimulated felatio on Vincent Gallo in his film Brown Bunny.
... and finally...
6. Gallo was once in a punk band called GRAY, whose members included internationally known artist Jean-Michel Basquiat!