So, I've got hundreds of TV Guides from the 1970s, and figured it was time to start scanning them. I'm pulling them out at random - and first up is this oddball featuring Brian Keith and Shelly Fabares (reminding me of how awful bellbottoms were when you didn't have height to your heels, and they scuffed the ground.... but that's neither here nor there).
- You'll note that the TV Guide is from Salt Lake City (as is referenced in several programs).
- On Wednesday, Dick Cavett talks to recently released POWs and an evening with The Spinners (my all time favorite soul group - gotta love "Rubberband Man" and "Ghetto Child").
- On Thursday a Salt Lake City Doctor talks about VD.
- Can you even comprehend the Today show of 2015 French Impressionist art?
- Life was good in '73 - no need for a billion cable channels; these were plenty. What a Wednesday: Modesty Blaise, Sonny & Cher with the Temptations, and an evening with Paul Lynde!
- I'd pay money to see "Man's Survival in the 70s"
The Brady's infamous Tiki makes its appearance this Sunday, Disney is playing "The Boy Who Flew with Condors" (which I don't remember) and Sonny & Cher do a spoof of "Bridget Loves Bernie" (interesting that shortly, Sonny and Cher would be separate as would Bridget and Bernie).
Even better than Shatner on Hawaii 5-O is this inflatable furniture ad - priceless.
Well, that was fun. I look forward to doing many more in the days ahead. It's great to be back!